fullerenesfriends
F4E in full afect! What up dawg?

Do we need a new geometry to describe the world inhabited by quantum particles?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do we need a new geometry to describe the world inhabited by quantum particles?

Post by Professor Finkelstein on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:06 pm

While the paradigms of physics have shifted through the years--from Aristotleian to Newtonian to relativity and quantum mechanics, the laws of mathemetics have been conisdered largely immutable and constant. But how can you describe the distance between two points of uncertain location or the plane the divides an even number of particles which only have a probability of being on one side or the other?

I believe that even the mathematics of the quantum level need to be altered to describe what is happening there.

I know this is just a randomly sampled forum of young males, but please discuss this radical idea.
Professor Finkelstein
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need a new geometry to describe the world inhabited by quantum particles?

Post by fedor4eva on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:16 pm

LOL, I hate math
fedor4eva
Good Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need a new geometry to describe the world inhabited by quantum particles?

Post by seattlegluepiss on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:38 pm

Professor Finkelstein wrote:While the paradigms of physics have shifted through the years--from Aristotleian to Newtonian to relativity and quantum mechanics, the laws of mathemetics have been conisdered largely immutable and constant. But how can you describe the distance between two points of uncertain location or the plane the divides an even number of particles which only have a probability of being on one side or the other?

I believe that even the mathematics of the quantum level need to be altered to describe what is happening there.

I know this is just a randomly sampled forum of young males, but please discuss this radical idea.

They're trying to do that, but the things is, our mode of thinking is our own limitation. Until we can stop relying on the reptilian cortex to process our emotions, we can't expect to achieve anything significant in the field of quantum string theory.

seattlegluepiss
Good Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TurboFart on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:59 pm

Jesus Christ does this guy always talk like this??
TurboFart
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top