What a movie!

Last edited by fullerene on Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:51 am; edited 2 times in total
fullerene
Best Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICIAL Karate Kid (2010) discussion thread

Post by fullerene on Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:16 pm

Scenery was amazing and made you feel like you were right in the heart of China, being chased by bullies. The chemistry between Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan was great--you can tell that they genuinely like each other and have trained in kung fu together before. The fight scenes were intense and much more realistic than the earlier films, incorporating many more submissions and judo techniques. By the final confrontation with Cheng (I won't give away the ending) I was standing up in the theater and cheering and I'm not sure if I was the only one.

5 stars out of 5
fullerene
Best Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bennett on Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:13 am

fullerene wrote:Scenery was amazing and made you feel like you were right in the heart of China, being chased by bullies. The chemistry between Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan was great--you can tell that they genuinely like each other and have trained in kung fu together before. The fight scenes were intense and much more realistic than the earlier films, incorporating many more submissions and judo techniques. By the final confrontation with Cheng (I won't give away the ending) I was standing up in the theater and cheering and I'm not sure if I was the only one.

5 stars out of 5
haha
Bennett
Good Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Dre 4 Life on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:42 pm

The new karate kid rulezz!!!!1

The old karate kid suxx!!!!1
Team Dre 4 Life
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Daniel-San 4 Ever on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Team Dre 4 Life wrote:The new karate kid rulezz!!!!1

The old karate kid suxx!!!!1
Yeah right! Rolling Eyes

U R such a loser, just like all of your loser Team Dre friends!! ha-ha!!!!!
Team Daniel-San 4 Ever
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Daniel-San 4 Ever on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:48 pm

And Daniel-San would TOTALLY kick Dre's ass! It would not even be close!!!!

He was bigger, older, had more time to train and he had to fight big kids to win the All Valley. He was basically two weight classes and two age classes above Dre and he would TOTALLY overpower Dre's puny ass!
Team Daniel-San 4 Ever
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Dre 4 Life on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:51 pm

Team Daniel-San 4 Ever wrote:And Daniel-San would TOTALLY kick Dre's ass! It would not even be close!!!!

He was bigger, older, had more time to train and he had to fight big kids to win the All Valley. He was basically two weight classes and two age classes above Dre and he would TOTALLY overpower Dre's puny ass!
lol!

Daniel-San is older--like 50 years old now!!!!

lol!

Let's face it, he could fight int he old days because the rules were different. No throws. No submissions. No leg kicks. He even got a guy disqualifeid for leg kicks!!!!! Would that happen in Dre's tournament? LOL @ big kids. Who cares how big they are if the are just big DORKS!!!!!

That's right, like Daniel-San the big DORK!!
Team Dre 4 Life
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Daniel-San 4 Ever on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Team Dre 4 Life wrote:
Team Daniel-San 4 Ever wrote:And Daniel-San would TOTALLY kick Dre's ass! It would not even be close!!!!

lol!

lol!

Let's face it, he could fight int he old days because the rules were different. No throws. No submissions. No leg kicks. He even got a guy disqualifeid for leg kicks!!!!! Would that happen in Dre's tournament? LOL @ big kids. Who cares how big they are if the are just big DORKS!!!!!

What a joke U R! Really, get a life!!!!

U really think Daniel couldn't compete in some tournament with a bunch of 12 year old kids when he beat Jonny, Bobby, Dutch and probably a lot of other guys who were mostly seniors and getting ready to graduate from high school?!?

Who did wimpy Will Smith's son even beat for his trophy? Cheng??? lol! Cheng would get KILLED at the All Valley...seriously, they would not even let him enter becuase he would get KILLED!!!!1
Team Daniel-San 4 Ever
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Dre 4 Life on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:57 pm

Now your getting on my nerves. Y dont U go back to your stupid Daniel Larusso loving board and shut up!!!!!!

U know Daniel Laruso couldn't compete today. He could barely stand on one leg, lol. Dre was more flexible, he could do flips and stuff and he was more muscular at 11 years old than wimpy Daniel Laruso was in high school!

You need to be an athlete to compete in Kung Fu tournaments in China, you don't have to be an athlete to compete in Karate tournaments in California. Jonny? Maybe he could win a match or 2. Daniel-san? He would get CRUSHED...CRUSHED in the first match.
Team Dre 4 Life
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Dre 4 Life on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:02 pm

Team Daniel-San 4 Ever wrote:
Team Dre 4 Life wrote:

lol!

lol!

What a joke U R! Really, get a life!!!!

U really think Daniel couldn't compete in some tournament with a bunch of 12 year old kids when he beat Jonny, Bobby, Dutch and probably a lot of other guys who were mostly seniors and getting ready to graduate from high school?!?

Who did wimpy Will Smith's son even beat for his trophy? Cheng??? lol! Cheng would get KILLED at the All Valley...seriously, they would not even let him enter becuase he would get KILLED!!!!1
And it's funny how you bring up Cheng like that is some convincing argument. It's a typical Team Daniel-san tactic, but it doesn't work for anyone who knows anything about martial arts. Cheng was Chinese and probably practiced Kung Fu for at least as long as Dutch or Jonny studied Karate, even though he was younger.

He may not have been a multiple time champion but you know Y??? Because the competition is tougher in Kung Fu tournaments in China than it is in Karate tournaments in California!!!1 How many timez do I need to tell U this?????????!!!!!???????
Team Dre 4 Life
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Daniel-San 4 Ever on Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:22 am

Team Dre 4 Life wrote:Now your getting on my nerves. Y dont U go back to your stupid Daniel Larusso loving board and shut up!!!!!!

U know Daniel Laruso couldn't compete today. He could barely stand on one leg, lol. Dre was more flexible, he could do flips and stuff and he was more muscular at 11 years old than wimpy Daniel Laruso was in high school!

You need to be an athlete to compete in Kung Fu tournaments in China, you don't have to be an athlete to compete in Karate tournaments in California. Jonny? Maybe he could win a match or 2. Daniel-san? He would get CRUSHED...CRUSHED in the first match.
What a Face Jonny getting eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round? Don't make me laugh!!

Jonny was about 5 years older, 30 pounds heavier and much more experienced than anyone in Dre's stupid kung fu tournament. The Fighting Dragons? lol! Jonny was obviously a multi-sport athlete. He rode dirt bikes and was obsessed with his fitness level. Why wasn't he drinking? Just for the karate tournament--a tournament he had won multiple times and where his main competition before Daniel Larusso entered was probably going to be Bobby or maybe Dutch? Give me a break! He probably played football and baseball, too. What other sports did Cheng play? Ping Pong! lol! So a ping pong playing 13 year old is going to beat an 18 year old football player with an equal amount of martial arts training---yeah right!!!!
Team Daniel-San 4 Ever
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Dre 4 Life on Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:23 am

Team Daniel-San 4 Ever wrote:
Team Dre 4 Life wrote:Now your getting on my nerves. Y dont U go back to your stupid Daniel Larusso loving board and shut up!!!!!!

What a Face Jonny getting eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round? Don't make me laugh!!

Jonny was about 5 years older, 30 pounds heavier and much more experienced than anyone in Dre's stupid kung fu tournament. The Fighting Dragons? lol! Jonny was obviously a multi-sport athlete. He rode dirt bikes and was obsessed with his fitness level. Why wasn't he drinking? Just for the karate tournament--a tournament he had won multiple times and where his main competition before Daniel Larusso entered was probably going to be Bobby or maybe Dutch? Give me a break! He probably played football and baseball, too. What other sports did Cheng play? Ping Pong! lol! So a ping pong playing 13 year old is going to beat an 18 year old football player with an equal amount of martial arts training---yeah right!!!!
What was Jonny's submission defense training like?

Oh, that's right--he didin't have ANY!!!!!1
Team Dre 4 Life
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Dre 4 Life on Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:24 am

Just like Daniel-San!!!
Team Dre 4 Life
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene on Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:24 am

This seems to be a hot thread. I'll sticky it.
fullerene
Best Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene on Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:51 am

This is no longer topical. I hope we can get some twilight discussion going instead
fullerene
Best Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Dre 4 Life on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Just saw it again om Starz and it was SOOOO obvious how far the sport had advanced since the original KK. Submissions, acrobatic moves, video screens...it's like the original All Valley is a joke!!!
Team Dre 4 Life
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Daniel-San 4 Ever on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Modern technology? Does that technology make a twelve year old Chinese kid taller than an eighteen year old American alpha-jock?
Team Daniel-San 4 Ever
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Dre 4 Life on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:08 am

Just face it, Jonny can't compete with modern trained athletes. Just admit it and let's move on.
Team Dre 4 Life
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Daniel-San 4 Ever on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:10 am

If by "modern trained" you mean on steroids then I agree. Cheng was on the juice and guys from Kobra Kai were not. Guess what, though? Guys like Dutch were STILL bigger and stronger than Cheng or anyone else that Dre had to face.

Now YOU admit THAT!
Team Daniel-San 4 Ever
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:14 am

I love it when someone bumps these classic threads.
fullerene
Best Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:39 pm

I'm afraid to jump in the middle here. Two great movies that you can't really compare. Apples to Oranges IMO.
fullerene
Best Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gopal on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Ah, I know nothing of these topics!
Gopal
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ol Don Himself on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:08 pm

There is nothing worth valuing in the new remake. The original has charisma and charm that is becoming extinct in today's movie making. Mr. Miyagi classic cars, John Kreese's primal snarl, the intensity of The All-Valley Tournament, you cannot go big willy style and expect to recreate that magic.
Ol Don Himself
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:11 pm

I feel like I'm talking to an old friend (or 'ol' friend as it may be) when ODH posts. Maybe it is the dog in the avatar.
fullerene
Best Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top