fullerenesfriends
F4E in full afect! What up dawg?

Randy proves boxing sux now!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Randy proves boxing sux now!

Post by fedor4eva on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:28 am

man is that fat dude toney really world champ lol!

dude got str8 punked by some old wrestler, ha-ha!
fedor4eva
Good Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Randy proves boxing sux now!

Post by King Kooki on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Typical ignorant post by an MMA fan. Toney threw the fight because he was paid to lose. Simple. End of story.

What would happen if they really fought? I'm one of the few people with enough knowledge of boxing and MMA to accurately answer that question. Randy prefers a more Boxing clinch to an MMA clinch anyway. He won't do anything in the clinch James hasn't seen a thousand times. In fact James in his prime was a brilliant in-Fighter. Toney's familiar with rabbit punches, he used them quite often in his day. Don't think getting rabbit punched will throw-off James, nor stop him from landing his own if he can.

Toney's in-game focuses on a lot more than his shoulder, that's actually not the center of it at all, it's just an aspect of it. His in-game actually focused more on the ability to sneak shots by using turns of his hips, and upper-body movement for elevation and angles. And I don't know what Boxing you watch, but Boxers actually very often throw each other around on their feet to get each other square. It just doesn't look like it because they're wearing gloves, but Toney is also familiar with pushing, shoving, any little body-movement to get leverage on the inside. Randy's most telling advantage is that he's just plain the bigger, stronger guy here, and if he decides to hold and sweep to get James down, and James hasn't familiarized himself with how to counter that, he's gonna get taken down by Randy at will.

I swear some of you need to actually watch Boxing. Some ref's break on underhooks, but not because they're "not done in Boxing." They only break when one Fighter squeezes so much it stalls the hand-movement. But swim-throughs are used quite often. It's not an unfamiliar technique, especially for a guy who spent half his Boxing life studying Boxers who trained with wrestlers to improve on such techniques.

But I DO agree about the point of Randy's ability to take James down, I'm implying that James can't just fight the whole time in the clinch with Randy. Of course, I'm just saying that being inside isn't going to lead James to panic or get easily mauled, if Randy DOESN'T take James down, he's gonna get lit up.

Besides, when's the last time Randy "greco-slammed" someone anyway? He's developed a like for using a more Boxing style clinch, I'm just saying he BETTER go Greco.

King Kooki
Good Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sins on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:36 pm

The only way Randy was gonna win was by going in super low like he did. The clinch would have been bad, bad, bad things for Handy.
Sins
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King Kooki on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:55 pm

Exactly. I like that you are able to see that clearly.
King Kooki
Good Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:39 pm

Randy would be giving up too much weight to challenge Toney in a boxing match.
fullerene
Best Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seattlegluepiss on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:12 pm

King Kooki wrote:Typical ignorant post by an MMA fan. Toney threw the fight because he was paid to lose. Simple. End of story.

What would happen if they really fought? I'm one of the few people with enough knowledge of boxing and MMA to accurately answer that question. Randy prefers a more Boxing clinch to an MMA clinch anyway. He won't do anything in the clinch James hasn't seen a thousand times. In fact James in his prime was a brilliant in-Fighter. Toney's familiar with rabbit punches, he used them quite often in his day. Don't think getting rabbit punched will throw-off James, nor stop him from landing his own if he can.

Toney's in-game focuses on a lot more than his shoulder, that's actually not the center of it at all, it's just an aspect of it. His in-game actually focused more on the ability to sneak shots by using turns of his hips, and upper-body movement for elevation and angles. And I don't know what Boxing you watch, but Boxers actually very often throw each other around on their feet to get each other square. It just doesn't look like it because they're wearing gloves, but Toney is also familiar with pushing, shoving, any little body-movement to get leverage on the inside. Randy's most telling advantage is that he's just plain the bigger, stronger guy here, and if he decides to hold and sweep to get James down, and James hasn't familiarized himself with how to counter that, he's gonna get taken down by Randy at will.

I swear some of you need to actually watch Boxing. Some ref's break on underhooks, but not because they're "not done in Boxing." They only break when one Fighter squeezes so much it stalls the hand-movement. But swim-throughs are used quite often. It's not an unfamiliar technique, especially for a guy who spent half his Boxing life studying Boxers who trained with wrestlers to improve on such techniques.

But I DO agree about the point of Randy's ability to take James down, I'm implying that James can't just fight the whole time in the clinch with Randy. Of course, I'm just saying that being inside isn't going to lead James to panic or get easily mauled, if Randy DOESN'T take James down, he's gonna get lit up.

Besides, when's the last time Randy "greco-slammed" someone anyway? He's developed a like for using a more Boxing style clinch, I'm just saying he BETTER go Greco.

I usually don't write such long diatribes unless I knew more than 5 people were going to read it. All that effort wasted.

seattlegluepiss
Good Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bennett on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:26 pm

why 5? What does it matter if anyone reads it? what's the point?
Bennett
Good Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:49 pm

Bennett wrote:why 5? What does it matter if anyone reads it? what's the point?
This is the kind of throw-caution-to-the-wind attitude we need more of here at fullerene's friends!
fullerene
Best Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:50 pm

And for the record, I think Randy has a very dangerous superman punch--don't care who agrees or disagrees.
fullerene
Best Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top